Land Cost of the Journey: Use these as a guideline, subject to change when we reschedule.
(not including air travel to and from Egypt): $6225
Earlybird discount with registration and payment of deposit by ________: $6000
Balance due by ________, paid directly to Quest Travel in Egypt.
Single supplement: $1400 (Mena House only: $480;
Dahabiya Afandina $1000 if space is available).
Please note that $100,000 medical evacuation insurance is required,
and we must see proof of purchase of this insurance.
We strongly suggest that you also insure the cost of your whole trip.
Emily and Debra request that you answer the following questions as part of your application to join the Rainbow Light
Rainbow Sound Transformational Journey to Egypt from _______:
1) What is your sacred intention for this journey?
2) What draws you to journey to Egypt?
3) What about travel challenges you?
Please sit and meditate on these questions, and send your answers to Emily at and to Debra at
Please send your $1000 deposit (non-refundable after _______) via PayPal to
New Mexico residents: sorry, but we are required to charge you gross receipts tax of 7.125%, so an additional $77 for a total of $1070.00.
You can also send a check made out to Catalyst Artistic Productions to:
Catalyst Artistic Productions
369 Montezuma Avenue, #332
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Emily and Debra will make time to talk on the phone with everyone who applies.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How do I keep healthy when traveling?
It is absolutely possible to keep healthy when traveling in Egypt. Before your trip, we will send participants some of our favorite tips and suggestions for immune boosters, and you may have your own that you want to share with the group. Rest assured that the food on the Afandina and in the hotels and restaurants where we eat is perfectly safe and hygienic. If you are prone to react to dust or air pollution, you might want to bring the appropriate medications.
2) How much money should I bring for tips and shopping, and in what form?
We recommend that you bring at least $600 in cash, more if you are a shopper (and if you are a first-time visitor, you are bound to be!). That will allow for incidentals, as well as a suggested tip of minimum $300 for our excellent guide and the boat crew including our amazing chef.
3) Is health insurance required?
We highly recommend travel insurance. Check to see if your health insurance policy covers you abroad. If you are on Medicare, it doesn't, and you will need to purchase travel health insurance. We do require that everyone purchase medical evacuation insurance coverage of $100,000, and will require proof of that.
4) What is the refund policy? Is trip insurance required?
The refund policy is as follows:
Deposit of $1000: non-refundable after _________
Cancellation 60 days prior to arrival: $700 fee
Cancellation 45 days prior to arrival: $1500 fee
Cancellation less than 45 days prior to arrival: no refund
(For this reason we highly recommend that you obtain trip insurance, which usually has to be purchased within two weeks of your initial deposit.)
5) What travel documents do I need?
You need a passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of your arrival in Egypt. Upon arrival, Quest Travel will assist you to pay the $25 visa fee at the airport.
6) Is it safe to travel to Egypt?
Tourism is an extremely important part of Egypt's economy, so travel agencies work closely with the government to coordinate security for tourists at hotels, on buses, and at historical sites and museums. Be prepared for tight security and accept it cheerfully as it is meant to keep you safe and secure. The U.S. State Department recommends not traveling to the Sinai Peninsula and the Western Desert, both of which are very far from where we will be traveling. Additionally, the Gallop Law and Order 2019 Report ranked Egypt as the 8th safest country to travel to, outranking the United States.
7) What is not included in the fee?
Your package does not include air fare from your home country to Cairo. Also not included are: $25 visa fee and certain meals (see your itinerary). The Afandina does not provide alcoholic beverages, which we discourage during the actual retreat, but does have an excellent selection of teas, coffee, cooling beverages such as fizzy lime water and hibiscus iced tea, bottled water, and soft drinks. Recommended tips/gratuity of a minimum of $300 per person for our guide, boat staff, etc. are also not included. Travel insurance is not included. Extra nights at the Mena House Hotel are not included, but can be arranged upon request if you'd like to arrive early to rest and acclimate, or to stay any extra days at the end. Pyramid View rooms at the Mena House hotel are not included, but available at $95 extra per night, by request. The single supplement is not included in the basic price.
8) What IS included:
- All transport and flights within Egypt, lodging, and transfers
- Daily breakfast, most lunches and dinners (see itinerary), bottled water, beverages on the Afandina, and wi-fi
- Sunrise two-hour Private Ceremony between the paws of the Sphinx
- Sunrise two-hour Private Ceremony at the Temple of Isis at Philae
- Evening two-hour Private Ceremony in the Great Pyramid King's Chamber
- Special entrance to the exquisite Tomb of Nefertari in the Valley of the Queens
- 8 nights sailing on the Nile on our private dahabiya sail boat, the Afandina
- 4 nights at the five-star Mena House Hotel overlooking the Pyramids of Giza
- Healings, sound meditations, group sharing/processing circles, ceremonies, teachings, light activations (with the Lucia Light) and more!
- Egyptologist expertise at sacred sites and throughout our journey with our amazing guide, Emil Shaker
- A joyous and life-changing experience!